If you are going to make the investment to have your claim of compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) verified, doesn’t it make sense to select a verifier who will do a quality job and provide you with the added assurance that your firm is truly compliant?
Red flags that you may have an unqualified verifier
- Every year they bring in new staff to conduct your verification, who are often junior-level, and you get to train them!
- You have to answer the same questions year after year.
- You are aware of problems that your verifier does not find.
- Your verifier avoids answering your questions or providing guidance.
- While it is nice to get their GIPS verification report saying everything is fine, you are concerned that you may not actually be compliant.