We had our September Performance Measurement Think Tank call earlier this week, and it was another interesting session of questions and polls.
What did we cover?
Discussion topics/questions included:
- What are we seeing in the industry with respect to software vendor consolidation?
- What is required/recommended with respect to intra-month valuations of alternative assets?
- What are firms doing with respect to “strategy level tagging” of assets for multi-asset-class attribution analysis and composite tracking?
- What is good practice for firms managing multi-asset strategies, and the introduction of carve-outs when first establishing GIPS vs. at a later date?
- Should the legs of interest rate swaps and credit default swaps be valued using dirty prices or clean prices?
Poll questions largely tied into the discussion topics, including:
- Has vendor consolidation impacted your firm? (100% have been affected; 60% felt the impact was negative)
- Do you value GIPS composite assets using subjective, unobservable inputs (22% yes, but immaterial to composite; 11% yes and material)
- Do you use strategy level tagging (11% yes, for returns, attribution and composites; 22% yes for returns and attribution only)
The above is just a sampling of what was covered during our session, which included some great discussion and live Q&A with Think Tank participants.
Our next session is scheduled for October 26th at 8:00 am Pacific (11:00 am Eastern).
Interested in trying the Think Tank? We are offering a risk-free trial on our next session!
For more information on the Performance Measurement Think Tank, please contact Patrick Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Chris Spaulding (email@example.com)!