GIPS Update 2015 with Ken Robinson, CFA, CIPM, CFA Institute
Download the PDF from the GIPS Update 2015 presentation.
Ken Robinson, director in the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) area at CFA Institute, delivers a thorough update on the GIPS Standards as they stand today. This presentation includes current initiatives including:
- GIPS Compliant Firm Notification
- Approved by GIPS Executive Committee September 2014
- Effective January 1, 2015
- Notification by June 30th of each year
- GIPS Compliance Form
- GIPS Executive Committee Open Conference Call
- Applying the GIPS Standards to asset owners
- New guidance statement effective January 1, 2015
- Retroactive application not required
- Additional on-line resources
- Error Correction survey details
- Other priorities
- Implementation of GIPS standards governance restructure
- Benchmark paper
- Updated Portability guidance
- Risk Guidance
- and more…
- Directory of available resources.
The Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) are an ethical set of standardized, industry-wide principles that provide investment firms with guidance on how to report investment performance to prospective clients.
The Standards allow firms to compete globally, and provide investors the ability to make comparisons between investment firms.
In the institutional market, compliance with the Standards and third-party verification are de facto requirements.
Looking for more information on the Global Investment Performance Standards? Then visit: GIPS 101