2020 GIPS Standards Calendar
- 1Briefly, What are the GIPS Standards?
- 2What is Occurring to the GIPS Standards and Why?
- 3What is an Exposure Draft?
- 4What to Know About the 2020 GIPS Standards Exposure Draft
- 5What Are Some of the Proposed Major Changes?
- 6What Are Our Thoughts on These Changes?
- 7What You Need to do to be Heard
- 82020 GIPS Standards Calendar
The initial exposure draft was issued just before its deadline of August 31, 2018. The verification exposure draft, which we will discuss in Part II, was issued just before its deadline of October 31, 2018.
The comment period ends December 31, 2018.
The final version of the first part of 2020 GIPS Standards is expected to arrive by June 30, 2019, and the second (the verification piece) by August 31, 2019.
The effective date is January 1, 2020. Presentations prepared for calendar year 2020 must adhere to the new rules, meaning by January 1, 2021.