This class is two full days devoted to this increasingly important topic. Attendees will walk away with practical knowledge and an understanding of how to apply the tools necessary to calculate performance attribution and interpret the results. The class typically runs from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
|San Francisco, CA||July 18-19, 2013||TBA|
|Vancouver, Canada||September 25-26, 2013||TBA|
|Chicago, IL||October 24-25, 2013||AMA EXEC CONF CENTER|
|Boston, MA||November 21-22, 2013||TBA|
|New Brunswick, NJ||December 12-13, 2013||THE HELDRICH|
CFA Institute has approved this program, offered by The Spaulding Group, for 12 CE credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for your participation in this program will be automatically recorded in your CE tracking tool.
• What performance attribution is and how it's used.
• As a form of attribution/alternative formulas.
• The first two laws of attribution.
• A review of the common equity models:
• Brinson Hood Beebower and Brinson-Fachler.
GEOMETRIC VS. ARITHMETIC
• What's the difference?
• Pros and cons of each.
HOLDINGS VS. TRANSACTIONS-BASED
• How do they differ?
• Pros and cons of each.
FIXED INCOME ATTRIBUTION
• Fixed income concepts and why equity models don't work for bonds.
• A review of various approaches to fixed income attribution.
AGENDA DAY 2
• A review of two approaches to global attribution, including the Karnosky-Singer model.
OTHER ATTRIBUTION CONCEPTS
• Additional ways to gain insights into the source of the return.
• The third law of attribution.
• A review of five approaches to linking effects over time, including the Cariño (Logarithmic) and Menchero (Optimized) approaches
USING THE RESULTS
• How to use the attribution analysis.
OTHER FACTORS TO CONSIDER
• Daily vs. Monthly/Sector vs. Security.
• Attribution standards needed?
FINDING AN ATTRIBUTION SYSTEM
• The special needs of attribution.
THE FUTURE OF ATTRIBUTION
• To what do we look forward?
In addition to receiving a student guide that contains the details of the class presentation, each student receives supporting reference material to take back with them including:
· A Performance, Attribution and Risk Measurement Reference Guide, a handy pocket reference.
· Copies of selected articles from The Journal of Performance Measurement®.
· and because this is a hands on class, with student exercises, you'll receive a calculator too!
Upon completion of this course you will earn
15 CPE Credits and/ or 12 PD Credits
The Spaulding Group, Inc. is registered with the CFA Institute as an Approved Provider of continuing education programs. This program is eligible for 12 CE credit hours as granted by CFA Institute. If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for your participation in this program will be automatically recorded in your CE Diary.
The Spaulding Group is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.